Friday, May 13, 2011

Here Comes The Sun

Do-doo-do-doo!
I had a fantastic day with my sister Leandra, and wonder of all wonders- the sun was out!
  My lovely sister, it's finally romper season!
 So we walked into town and got some bubble tea. It was all her master plan, and it was really nice. We took some back roads and walked through Wesley Homes. Which is a friendly place to desert the old people that you may love but just don't want to take care of anymore. It has a really pretty garden in the back of the main building, that all of the old people tend with their arthritic hands. Which might be why there are lots of weeds. Old people, not such great gardeners it turns out.
But in the middle of this weed filled garden we found some swinging benches, so we sat on those and drank bubble tea, and talked. I heard about many different people, girls who are bitches, boys who are cute blah blah blah. My sister is 15, so what else is she going to talk about right? But it was still nice to enjoy the sunshine and hang out.
Here we are showing off our summer shoes 
while sitting on the swinging bench.
It helped me realize that all of this nice weather has got to inspire some kind of positive song. As my friend Dillon likes to call it "Bubbly" but I just don't have one of those yet. I think I am getting closer though. I have a song called "Simply" that is more contented than bubbly, but that's a step in the right direction. I think I just need something really awesome to happen. Some kind of amazingly-happy or fun experience that makes me see the world in a new way. Or maybe meet someone that I like so much that I envision them crapping rainbows and ice cream. It might sound crazy, but it just might work!
No matter what, I have to take advantage of the sunshine and sing along with The Beatles until the sun shines so bright that I can't write anything but a bubbly song.
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment