Saturday, July 16, 2011

Falling In Love Pie




Waitress is one of my favorite movies. I watch it on nights like this when the summer air is just warm enough to keep you from sleep until the earlier morning hours. I don't mind though, I get some good thinking done. Plus, the house finally calms down. 


Keri Russel's character has inspired me. I want to make 'Falling In Love Pie' and get to it. Falling in love that is. Wouldn't it be wonderful to make magic pies filled with chocolate, strawberries and hope? Sounds pretty good to me. Not to mention all of the song material I could get out of a relationship like that. A REAL one for once. 


In the meantime, I am going to learn how to make a decent pie, and give it to someone. Maybe a friend or something. Probably should practice making pies before I give them away. Get good enough that they are pretty and taste not so charred. I don't think you can make magic pie when it's always burnt on the edges of the crust, can you? 


Spent the day downtown with Dillon and friends at The Bite Of Seattle. So much food and so little time! I think my favorite thing was sitting on a damp lawn, eating Pad Thai, watching mediocre country music performers. Oh and a juggler who kept dropping his orange balls. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it was really nice. It is one of the few times in the past month when I have not wanted to run back to Portland. It was like reclaiming the feeling that I had in P-Town. The right mix of calm and freedom. Untouched by my family or worry of the future. I think the simplicity really added to it. I want to hold onto that feeling, since these moments have been few and far between for me. 


I mean, I love my family, don't misunderstand. Yet, I feel more myself when I am not around them all the time.


I need a job so that I can save and get out of here. Get back to what I was working towards. Get back to music, and art, and sanity. Just get back. 


And, Iv'e got to buy some of that Tahini sauce on my way out of town, cause that shit was good. 

Misc.
Listening To: The Bird and The Bee
Eating: Phish Food ice cream 

-H

1 comment:

  1. First off: Tahini is delicious, and it's great in homemade hummus.

    Falling In Love Pie sounds great. I've never baked a pie... perhaps I'll give it a try when it's not too hot to use the oven. One of the failings of Phoenix, there are only a few months out of the year when baking is a good idea heat-wise.

    Pad Thai... this is just full of awesome food. I should probably go eat...

    ReplyDelete