Monday, July 11, 2011

A Frenchman, A Wink, and A Chance


I told Dillon that I would blog this weekend, so here I am keeping my promise. So why don't yo take your own advice huh D? It would seem that I am not good at keeping up with blogging, so my bad on that one. Soooooooo...yikes.



I went to Chicago last week for 6 days, and met some pretty cool people. One of whom turned out to be good friends with Wiz Khalifa's agent. When I heard that I almost dropped my guitar I was so surprised. Oriana McGee is the woman who told me this. Between her long legs, facial tick, and oh so cool sunglasses, I didn't know what to say. She is from California and really did look it. It was a wonderful surprise that she was down to earth and pretty cool. So she took my info and sent me an eamil. These things never turn out the way you plan, so I'm not banking on the fact that this will work out. But it would be a nice surprise right?




I also met a Frenchman currently living in GA, but he's only been in the States for a year. He hid his accent quite well so it was interesting which people asked if he was French and who did not notice at all. He was a bit cliche in a good way. When I met him he was wearing black, expensive looking (and slightly shiny) jeans that matched his chinstrap beard all too well. Very Euro-Chic. Then he played piano like a freaking god or something. Which meant that we spent lots of time talking, but none of it was in French (despite 5 years of study) and I was too intimidated to touch the piano. I'm such a sissy. 


During the weekend I also got to play music with my good friend Ben Waumette which was a real treat because I haven't seen him since I move out of P-town. We spent the better part of an evening in the warm Illinois air passing a geetar back and forth. Our permanent audience: the local smokers and hotel staff on their short breaks. We banged out cover after cover, song after song. Just too much fun!


 Guess who left their capo in Illinois and has two thumbs? This girl!

So Chicago ruled. Filled with music, old friends and new ones. Hopefully this a sign that the rest of the summer will hold good things for me.

Misc:
Listening To: 'Parachute' Ingrid Michealson
Drinking: Water
Loving: The song Dillon and I wrote last night 

-H 

1 comment:

  1. What a neat little adventure!
    There's nothing quite like playing music with friends :)

    ReplyDelete